Saturday, October 13, 2007

Fall is Here

Last night was Maryland Madness, the event kicking off this year's basketball season! Yay! It was so great to be back at Comcast with the 'Bullies'. I really do feel at home there. (Oh yeah so there's a small group of students and alumni that attend all of the women's basketball games. We sit in the front row and really are the main support for the women's team. I guess someone decided to start calling our 'group' Brenda's Bullies and so that is how we identify ourselves as a group now.) It's so much fun to just go over to the game and lose yourself in the excitement...go totally crazy and not feel self-conscious about it. You become very loyal and it has really been a huge part of my experience at maryland. The people I have met are a lot of fun and everything about it is just great. Can't wait for the kickoff game -- October 31st -- we have a real treat -- exhibition game against the US National Team. THAT is gonna be awesome. 18 days and counting.

Well this has been a slow morning. I'm not exactly sure what to do. I'm taking a free practice MCAT at 12 and until then i don't really know what to do. I don't think i want to do homework...since i'm going to be taking an intense test for several hours. It's something like 45 degrees outside right now -- don't think i really want to go running yet. I don't watch TV anymore.

Updates: So I think I am going to pursue the EMT thing again. I have found that it is something that i really want to do. I think I will go over to the college Park station later today and talk to them. Argh I know there's gonna be this huge barrier though..like you hafta come a ride along for 3 months before we get the idea you really are interested haha. I AM INTERESTED. I WANT TO DO THIS. I guess I just am nervous and just want it to be comfortable. And I want to be taken seriously. Last time i tried to do EMT it didn't really work out the way i planned..i hardly got anywhere. This time, I want it to work out. I want to find a home I like, enjoy being there, be able to take a class sometime soon, and then get to start being an active EMT. Haha i never thought that volunteering would be so complicated haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home