Sunday, October 14, 2007

Rash decisions HAHA

So this afternoon I decided I don't feel like waiting an extra year to go to med school. There is so much hype right now about the whole idea and all the things I want to do to prepare. All the sudden I realized...great...so when I graduate I'll have already applied and everything and just have to wait like almost a year and a half to go to med school. The extra time would give me more time (essentially my senior year...one more year) to have awesome experiences to enhance my application. But I will be applying basically the summer after I graduate and have to wait over a year to actually go. I mean, I wanted the extra time to make myself a better applicant...and i wasn't sure like how ready i would be for the MCAT. But I sort of feel like I want to go for it. But that makes my life even more of a hell-on-earth experience for the next year. 15-16 credits of upper level science courses per semester, full MCAT test prep course, working in the lab at FDA, working towards getting my EMT certification, volunteering at the firehouse, shadowing some doctors (i'm sure i'm forgetting some things)....yeah and i'm supposed to do this all at the same time...without forgetting to eat, sleep, workout...all I can tell myself is...DIVE RIGHT IN! GO FOR IT! YOU CAN DO IT! I'm going to go talk to my adviser tomorrow and make sure i am not totally insane. Wish me luck haha.

3 Comments:

At October 15, 2007 at 4:49 AM , Blogger bonnie said...

GOOD LUCK!!
I linked you on my post. Maybe somebody will visit you. That would be fun.

 
At October 15, 2007 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Portia said...

hi, i linked here from bonnie's blog, which i guess would be yo momma;) jst kdn. it sounds like so much to handle but OH SO exciting!! and it sounds as if you know what you've got yourself into- i mean, "hell-on-earth" as expectations doesn't imply you're taking anything lightly. i don't know you (as you know) but you have certainly come a long way so far, and i'm gonna say i think you can do it too! so go for it! best wishes, really:)

 
At October 15, 2007 at 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl... :-) It's your daddy-o (The biological one!).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home