Sunday, October 21, 2007

it's been a while

So I really need/want to go to bed now but I am watching a few more minutes of the Red Sox v. Indians ALCS Game 7. Awesome game by the way. Well some thoughts. I have been thinking a lot about family lately and the people who really are important in my life. An old friend's father was killed in a motorcycle accident last week and I attended the funeral and viewing. It really brought me home. As much as I 'hate' to say it --> I am a homegirl. I am my father's daughter. I have had many losses in the last few years: my two amazing grandparents as well as my best friend this past summer. With Mr. Beane's death this past week and my frequent thoughts about my decisions about my future I am brought back to the importance of my support system. I cannot ignore that. Sometimes I try to look past it as I am afraid it keeps me somewhat 'inside my box'. I wonder how I might grow with the challenge of being 'more distant'. This is perpetually on my mind. But times like these remind me of how important they are in my life. Ideally I could have both, which I am sure is a very conceivable reality, but maybe it is just not very clear for me right yet. My family is amazing. They are/have been there for me every step of the way in everything I do. I don't know what I would do or where i would be without them. So I guess just throwing that our there.

2 Comments:

At October 22, 2007 at 5:05 AM , Blogger bonnie said...

It's not that it's hard to stay close when you move far away. There are ways to stay connected. But it's hard to stay close when you're far away. Your life has to take on a new frame, a new box. And old patterns disappear. What's familiar now is no longer familiar. You create new habits. This can happen when you don't go far away and it's pretty normal for that to happen from time to time. It's easier to leave after that happens.

 
At November 1, 2007 at 6:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) I love you too. You are your father's daughter... I am my daughter's father. You are awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home