Monday, November 12, 2007

Out of Jail

FINALLY!! After what seems like forever I have a little 'break' from exams! This semester is kicking my butt and I can't wait until it is over. 35 days and counting. But I got my orgo exam back today, which I swore I failed...I was seriously expecting a 45%..and I got an 84%!!!! Hallelujah!
And BASKETBALL SEASON HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED!!!!! Seriously, that is a true love of mine - well, let's clarify - WOMEN'S basketball. I think because of this it was fate that I ended up at Maryland. I have found a home being a women's basketball fan. And at Maryland I have met a bunch of other people who love it just as much as I do. We call ourselves Brenda's Bullies and we are the most loyal 'student' fans alive. I say 'student' in quotes because the majority of the Bullies are actually alumni...still young...in their mid 20s most of them, but there are really only a few true students that attend. Sad. You would think that arguably the most talented women's basketball team in the country would attract some student fans. Nope. They are all too busy cheering for the men's team - that has sucked big time the since they won the national championship in 2001. WHATEVER. Women's basketball is great because it is so personal. The smaller group makes it more special. And you really feel like you are connected with the team and make a difference. They are a great group of kids and you really fall in love with them. They are your team and you stand by them.
So women's basketball has been my escape in college. When life sucks, school blows, you feel like the stupidest person on the planet and you're never going to be good enough you can go to a game and feel at home again. Feel the love. Go terps!

1 Comments:

At November 13, 2007 at 7:12 AM , Blogger bonnie said...

Yea baby, go Terps. You posted! How was Kaplan?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home